CrossFit, functional fitness, whatever you call it, it has and continues to change the face of health and fitness as we know it.
Good-bye to the days of:
- needing a gym to stay fit and healthy
- spending an hour or more exercising per day
- bicep curls and other single joint movements
- working out different muscle groups on different days
- getting bored working out
Hello to the new era of functional fitness:
- improve your mobility and ability to perform any physical task
- little to no equipment needed ever
- decrease exercise time to 20 minutes on average
- increase relative intensity
- focus on multi-joint, multi-muscle, whole body movements that improve strength, flexibility, and metabolic conditioning at the same time
- cross-training/circuit training model
- constant variety – workouts are rarely repeated to maximize results and minimize boredom
Years ago, when I was first introduced to CrossFit or functional fitness, I didn’t buy into it. I had worked out all my life and was a decorated athlete. I knew how to get fit. I knew how to eat healthy. I was wrong.
When I did my first CrossFit workout, I immediately realized that this was how we were meant to move and exercise. All of my other workouts seemed inefficient, inadequate, and boring in comparison.
It was at this time that I was introduced to Paleo and Zone nutrition models. These models turned the nutrition world on its head. I was skeptical until I tried it. But just like the workouts, once I started following a Paleo/Zone nutrition model, I realized that this was how we were meant to eat. It felt natural and right. I did miss the immediate gratification of processed carbs and refined sugars at first. But I soon started to feel incredible, better than I had in my life. My performance went through the roof, my health dramatically improved. I never looked back.
Through the combination of the functional fitness and Paleo/Zone models, I reached levels of performance, fitness, and health, I had never before imagined were possible for me. I wanted to learn more. I wanted to become a CrossFit trainer.
As a CrossFit trainer, I saw countless people transform their body and health through the functional fitness and Paleo/Zone models. These models were more effective than any I had ever seen. And they work for everyone regardless of age, gender, and fitness level. I knew I needed to take what I had learned and use it to help others improve their health and fitness.
If you would like to hear more, have any questions, or would like to find out for yourself how well these models work, please contact me, I’d love to hear from you!