21 Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy Veggie Recipes
Why the number 21? Dunno. It’s arbitrary. But these recipes are not! We often get asked for simple vegetable recipes: things that are quick, easy, and delicious. I am a firm believer that food should be
delicious and healthy at the same time. And it is my mission to share this with you all! 🙂
RAW Veggie Ideas
- Salad (duh) Throw in lots of spinach, diced veggies (the more colorful the better) eggs or meat, nuts and seeds. Drizzle with oil and vinegar. This is one of my favorites. Share with your kids – yes, they can eat salads too!
- Carrot sticks (or zucchini, broccoli, etc) dipped in mashed avocado. Add a squeeze of lemon juice for a little pop!
- Celery sticks with almond butter
- Cabbage and Beet Slaw. This is actually my all time favorite slaw!
- Smoothies. In blender, throw in coconut/almond milk, frozen fruit, honey, almond butter, cinnamon, spinach, and/or kale. Blend until smooth. If fruit is not frozen you may need to add ice.
- Tomato Basil Salad. Toss fresh tomatoes and chopped basil with olive oil, s&p. So delicious in the summer!
- Beets. slice thinly and drizzle with olive oil, a little apple cider vinegar, s&p.
- Raw Kale Salad. I love lemon or lime juice on dark leafy greens. Not only is it yummy, but the citrus also helps with the absorption of iron from these superfoods.
- Roasted Asparagus. Spread asparagus out on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, s&p, garlic powder, and cook for 7min at 450 degrees.
- Roasted Veggies. Cut up veggies into large chunks (carrots, parsnips, any kind of squash and zucchini work well), drizzle with olive oil and s&p, cook for 20min at 400degrees.
- Sautéed Bacon Greens. Heat up 1 Tbsp or so of bacon grease in the largest skillet or pot you have. Throw in as much spinach/kale/chard as will fit and cook until wilted. Eat as much as possible for each meal! Opt: sauté onions and garlic before adding spinach.
- Steamed Veggies.
- Crockpot Roots. Chop up any and all root veggies (I’m talking beets, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, rutabagas, turnips, radishes…) an throw into crockpot. Cover with water or broth. Add any herbs or seasonings you like and set on low for 4 hours.
- Veggie Soup. Chop veggies, add herbs and seasonings, and cover with broth in stockpot or crockpot.
- Sweet Potato Fries. With ketchup! These are so easy and delicious I make them a few times a week in the fall and winter.
- Roasted Carrots and Parsnips with Ginger Turmeric Sauce. Amazing!! http://www.mindbodygreen.com/
- “Pasta”. Use vegetable peeler to peel sweet potato or zucchini into thin strips. Sauté in olive oil until soft and tender. Season to taste!
- “Rice”. Run cauliflower florets through food processor (shredding attachment) to rice it. Steam the rice.
- Kale Chips.
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus. Wrap each asparagus spear with a half slice of bacon. Lay spears out on baking sheet. Sprinkle with s&p and paprika. Cook at 400 for 20-25min, until bacon is done.
- Maple Carrots. Slice 6 carrots into discs and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add 3T maple syrup to pan and continue cooking until carrots are tender and caramelized.