21 Favorite Must-try Paleo, Grain Free Thanksgiving Recipes
I started out thinking I’d write a post to include holiday recipes for Thanksgiving all the way up through New Years, but soon realized that Thanksgiving deserves its own post. There are just so many delicious and healthy recipes to choose from! This was a fun post for me though, because as I was going through these recipes, I rediscovered some old favorites and some new ones that I can’t WAIT to add to our Brubaker feast! Here we have a list of my favorite 21 recipes, from meat to veggies to ahhhhh desserts. I tried to include a lot of pretty simple ones because really giving thanks should not be overshadowed by the stresses of cooking elaborate dishes! I like to get my daughter involved too and make it something we can do together, and help her develop an appreciation for plentiful food, good quality, fresh and local ingredients, as well as a twist on old family traditions. I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving meal as much as we do!
Turkey and Gravy
- You want simple? Here you go! Roast Turkey Breast
- Mushroom Butter Roasted Turkey (if you are highly sensitive to dairy, substitute or leave out clarified butter)
- Your classic Herb Roasted Turkey (if you are highly sensitive to dairy, substitute or leave out clarified butter)
- Pair your turkey with this Gluten Free Gravy (if you are highly sensitive to dairy, substitute or leave out grassfed butter/ghee)
- Or this (if you don’t have drippings try bacon or duck fat): Herb Gravy
- This is my go-to. I love the combination of bacon and sausage with the fruity flavors of cranberries and apples! Thanksgiving Stuffing
- This one includes a delicious cornbread recipe that you make ahead and use in the stuffing…yum. Paleo Stuffing (if you are highly sensitive to dairy, substitute or leave out grass-fed butter)
- For a delicious twist on the traditional stuffing, try this Paleo Sweet Potato Cranberry Stuffing (if you are highly sensitive to dairy, substitute or leave out grass-fed butter)
- This Casserole might be on our dinner table this year! Walnut Coconut Whipped Sweet Potato Casserole
- For something different try these “no sugar candied yams”! Baked Spiced Yams
- A simple and tasty Sweet Potato Casserole (if you are highly sensitive to dairy, substitute or leave out ghee)
- Or try the perfect Baked Yam (do NOT use vegetable oil – use coconut oil instead!!!)
If you’re like me, Thanksgiving dinner isn’t the same without cranberry sauce. I was excited to find this delicious and very easy take on the dish: Paleo Cranberry Sauce.
This blend of antioxidants is a must-try for the holidays! Paleo Cran-cherry Sauce
- Another dish that I may have to make this year: butternut squash and bacon is my new favorite combination – the sweet and the salt….mmmmm.
- I also love the combination of Bacon and Brussels – this makes a perfect side for holiday dinners!
- No intro needed here. Bourbon and Honey Glazed Carrots (if you are highly sensitive to gluten, substitute or leave out Bourbon)
Ah yes. In my opinion no holiday meal is complete without the dessert. And the best part about paleo desserts is you don’t have to worry about that icky too-much-sugar fat and fatigue feeling you might have felt in the past. So have 2 slices of that pie – Japheth approved 🙂
- Delicious and easy Pumpkin Pie
- Combine two favorites and what do you get? Heaven. Pumpkin Pecan Pie
- Need something without eggs, dairy, and/or nuts? Try these No-Bake Mini Pumpkin Pies!
- Here’s a paleo-friendly apple pie with that crunchy flaky crust we all love… (if you are highly sensitive to dairy, substitute or leave out ghee)