I love to snack. Much like my 3- and 5-year-old, I get excited to open up a snack bag (even thought it’s one I packed) when we’re out for the day and it’s their (ahem, our) snack time. Japheth can literally go all day without snacking once. He will eat his 4-5 meals and be perfectly content. But me? I love having something to munch on. And as anyone who eats clean knows, it’s not always easy to be a snacker in this world. It’s not like we can grab a tin of Pringles or some cheese and crackers and go to town. And it’s quite a challenge to find good snacks at the store…don’t get me started on that subject. But, in this post, I have for you 30 – yes, 30 – snack ideas that are clean. I’m talking paleo-friendly, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, grain-free, you got it. And many of these ideas are just a little twist on things you already have at home! Of course, I’ve also included a few that you can buy and stick to use when in a pinch, and not feel guilty about!
30 Healthy Snack Ideas
- Nuts, seeds, fruits, veggies
- Carrot sticks dipped in mashed avocado
- Ants on a log (nut butter on celery pieces, topped with raisins)
- Ants on a stump (banana slices topped with nut butter, then topped with raisins)
- Homemade Trail Mix (nuts, dried fruit, coconut flakes, even dark chocolate)
- Paleo granola
- Maple-glazed walnuts (add 2c walnuts and 1/3c maple syrup to pan on
medium-high heat. Cook and stir about 3 minutes, until syrup is
- Coconut date poppers (can also make these in bars)
- Dark chocolate covered nuts
- Nut or seed butters (make your own!)
- Dried Fruit (with no added sugar or sulfur)
- Dates stuffed with almond butter
- Frozen grapes
- Frozen bananas
- Dark chocolate covered frozen bananas
- Smoothies like this super-healthy and yet somehow delicious one!
- Homemade Popsicles
- Boiled Eggs (sprinkle with favorite seasoning)
- Deviled eggs (yolks mixed with avocado and stuffed into whites)
- Bacon Avocado sandwiches (avocado between two slices of bacon)
- Anything wrapped in bacon
- This chocolate. After all, as their slogan says, chocolate is food, not candy.
- Beef or pork sticks
- Kale chips
- Sweet potato chips **read the ingredients and make sure it’s clean, like Jackson’s brand!
- Paleo-friendly macaroons
- Lara bars are great, just make sure to avoid the ones with peanut butter!
- Coconut flakes – these have a little sweetness!
- Beef jerky bites – we love Epic bites and bars!
So there you have it, 30 healthy snack ideas for you to stay on track with your clean-eating, but also to satisfy that snack-craving! What are your favorite healthy snacks when the craving hits?