Fall Favorites Roundup: A Dozen Paleo-friendly Recipes to Welcome Fall!
Yay it’s Fall! Which of course in my world, translates to food somehow…oh yes, pumpkin! No need for air fresheners or diffusers anymore; from now on our house will be marked by the aroma of pumpkin, apples, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves! And butternut squash, although I don’t know if that has a noticeable smell on its own…maybe a little nutty?
Anyhow, here is a list of some of my all time favorite fall recipes (paleo, gluten free, dairy free [sub coconut oil for butter if listed]), refined sugar free and delicious!!!
1) Who doesn’t love chili in the fall? It’s the best. I love all of the variations, and am constantly playing with adding different veggies, different flavors…this is a staple of mine, and I never get tired of it! Pumpkin Paleo Chili.
2) Ginger is another awesome fall spice, and while I often pair it with cinnamon, it’s a powerhouse on its own! Paleo Honey Ginger Chicken.
3) A fall-inspired creamy pumpkin casserole…it doesn’t get much better! Pumpkin Cream Chicken Casserole.
4) This is a delicious soup! Keep in mind that if you don’t have a pumpkin, or the time to chop it up, you can use organic puréed pumpkin. Also if you have an immersion blender it will make life so much easier when it comes to soups! Pumpkin Soup.
5) My favorite butternut squash soup. Add some ground pork sausage to this and it’s money. “For reals”, to quote my 4-year old. Spiced Butternut Squash Soup.
6) Here is my classic apple sauce, using old faithful, aka slow cooker. Easy, warm, and a hug in a bowl! Slow Cooked Apple Sauce.
7) If you like yogurt, but don’t do so well with dairy, try making your own coconut milk yogurt (see link). Been there done that? Then raise your game a little and make it pumpkin-style! Pumpkin Coconut Mill Yogurt.
8) This pumpkin butter is truly a treat for the senses and combines all of the fall favorites. Apple Pumpkin Butter.
9) Ahhhh, the pumpkin spice latte. Each fall, coffee and pumpkin lovers rejoice in this beautiful combination. Now, just because you’re Paleo doesn’t mean you have to forego this old fave. Try this recipe and you’ll be smiling again in no time! Pumpkin Spice Latte.
10) This cake reminds me of my moms apple nut cake growing up, so I can’t resist making it for my kids every fall! Apple Cake.
11) A pumpkiny snack for when you’re just needing that crunch with a pumpkin twist! Or maybe you just want to try something different. Either way, this will hit the spot! Pumpkin Granola.
12) Finally a little tasty treat so easy that you’ll probably make it now. If so, enjoy! Creamy Coconut Pumpkin Fudge.