All of his life, Japheth has been involved in activity, athletics, and fitness, from doing chores on the farm in Lancaster County where he grew up, to playing on multiple sports teams at a local Philadelphia high school, to winning national and international medals in martial arts.
After receiving his MBA, Japheth followed a logical path of pursuing a career utilizing his degree. However, after working for years in various desk jobs he found out first hand the negative impacts they had on his physical and mental health. Despite his continued involvement in activity and fitness, he had chronic year round allergies. He gained weight, developed high blood pressure, and was told to go on blood pressure medication due to his sedentary work environment. He also was diagnosed with thyroid disease, which caused weight gain and low energy. As a result of this suffering, he made the decision to turn his passion for health and fitness into his career, and he never looked back.
In 2008 Japheth began managing a CrossFit, mixed martial arts, and yoga center, where he was able to incorporate his business background and his love of teaching. From here he went on to become a personal trainer and manager at one of the largest fitness clubs in the country. Through many personal nutrition, lifestyle and training changes and working with an integrative doctor, Japheth was able to bring his blood pressure to within the optimal range, eliminating the need for medication, and to significantly improve his allergies and energy level.
Through his own personal experiences, Japheth discovered the importance of using a whole body approach with his clients, no matter the age or skill level. Japheth’s unique teaching style began to set him apart from other trainers and instructors, and he soon realized that to truly follow his passion he needed to leave the confines of corporate fitness and start his own studio. Water and Rock Studio was born.
Japheth is passionate about sharing his love for health and fitness and getting his clients results. He lives with his wife Suzanne and daughter Quinn in Chestnut Hill Philadelphia.
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) (recognized as one of the top trainers in the country by the regional director of one of the largest publicly traded fitness companies in the United States)
- Featured on CBS and FOX News
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu purple belt under Royce Gracie (holding multiple national and international medals)
- Muay Thai Coaching Certificate under Kru Sean Douglas
- Israeli Krav Maga and Adaptive Close Quarter Combat Yellow Belt/Instructor Level 1 Certificate under Sean Stoopman (Moshe Katz)
- Working towards 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training with master teacher Beryl Bender Birch
- Certified Reiki Shoden Level I Practitioner under Reiki Master Micha Rhodes (Usui Reiki Ryoho)
- CEOs of international corporations
- Leaders of fortune 500 companies, federal and local government, and non-profits
- Television personalities
- National Football League (NFL) players and employees
- Mixed Martial Arts professional and amateur fighters
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu medalists at the local, national, and international levels
- Military and law enforcement:
- Secret Service
- CPR, First Aid, and AED Certified
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Marymount University
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in English from the University of Pennsylvania
- Decorated multisport Germantown Friends School high school athlete and collegiate athlete