Suzanne Brubaker discovered her passion for helping others at a young age. She worked as a school psychologist for 10 years, helping children of all ages and ability levels, as well as parents, navigate the emotional and academic struggles that come with childhood. During this time, Suzanne discovered her love for the mind and body benefits of yoga and felt drawn to it. Fitness, mental, and emotional health has always been a part of her life. Yoga was a natural path for Suzanne and her teaching evolved from this organically. Through yoga, she began developing a stronger awareness of self and environment and became passionate about integrating physical and mental health and wellness.
Suzanne quickly fell in love with the Astanga yoga system and incorporates aspects of the primary and secondary series into her classes. She teaches a variety of styles, including vinyasa, power, flow, prenatal, kids, and parent and tot yoga.
Suzanne is grateful for the benefits of yoga and fitness in her life and is passionate about sharing this with others.
Suzanne completed her yoga teacher training with Beryl Bender Birch, nationally and internationally recognized as one of the pioneers of power yoga in the western world.
Yoga teaching experience
- head yoga instructor at multi-location studio
- yoga studios
- fitness centers
- after-school programs
- performing arts center
- community center
Experience with children
Suzanne has worked with hundreds of children in over two decades in these settings:
- Private yoga work with children
- Yoga classes for:
- Pre teen
- Mom and tot
- Church nurseries
- Day care centers in the US and abroad
- Child development center
- Pre school, elementary, middle, and high Schools
- 20 years of babysitting
- private tutoring
- yoga in elementary schools
Suzanne lives with her husband Japheth and daughter Quinn in Chestnut Hill Philadelphia.
- 200 hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT)
- YoKid Certification
- Certified Reiki Shoden Level I Practitioner under Reiki Master Micha Rhodes (Usui Reiki Ryoho)
- CPR, First Aid, and AED Certified
- Master of Arts/Certificate of Advanced Study (MA/CAS) in School Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology and Management