Paleo Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
(Gluten free, grain free, dairy free, nut free, paleo)
Ice cream. Yum. Every time I see an ice cream cone I flashback to memories of looking through that glass at an array of flavors, colors, funny names that often left me wondering where the monkey or moose was. Then I would pick a flavor and beg my parents for 2 scoops because I couldn’t decide between chocolate peanut butter and mint chocolate chip. Ice cream is fun, and delicious, and really an almost iconic image of childhood and carefree days, and while we endorse healthy eating in our house at all times, it’s important to me that my children get to enjoy treats too! That’s why we love the paleo lifestyle. We can have it both ways! Here’s a healthy and super yummy version of my old favorite – and my childrens’ new favorite – mint chocolate chip ice cream. Go ahead, have your 2 scoops and don’t feel a bit guilty about it!
- Combine first four ingredients in a saucepan and warm over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for three to five minutes.
- Add peppermint extract and stir to combine.
- Allow the liquid to cool down completely. You can speed up the process by refrigerating.
- Pour into the ice-cream machine and churn following the manufacturer’s instructions. (** If you don’t have the patience to wait for it to turn to an ice cream consistency, this can be enjoyed as a milkshake as well)
- Add chocolate chips to ice cream during last 5 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately as a soft serve, or freeze for a couple of hours before serving.
- When frozen solid, allow the ice cream to thaw at room temperature for about 20 minutes before serving!
This website may, from time to time, endorse various products and/or services that we believe will benefit you in your quest for improving your life and health. It may be true that this website and its owner will receive compensation for these endorsements should you choose to purchase said products or services. In fact, in such cases, you should assume that we are an affiliate and will be compensated. Having said that, this website and its owner will only endorse products and/or services in which we strongly believe, or which we have used ourselves. By using this website, you hereby consent to the disclaimer and agree to all terms, policies, and conditions.